Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The legend of Tamamae

3 posters

Go down

The legend of Tamamae Empty The legend of Tamamae

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 am

(OOC: Moveing things here so that it doesn't derail the other RP too much.)

After the raffle is over Mack waits just outside Bellsprout tower. He is somewhat lost in thought.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

The legend of Tamamae Empty Re: The legend of Tamamae

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

Archeologist Mack wrote:(OOC: Moveing things here so that it doesn't derail the other RP too much.)

After the raffle is over Mack waits just outside Bellsprout tower. He is somewhat lost in thought.

I walk up to an almost unresponsive mack. I then put my head back as far as it would go, just to see the top of the tower.
"So am I the first person here mack? and do we even have a plan here..."
I pet my new Monozu on the head, still wondering what to name it, and still hoping i'll even get to name it after this.
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:(OOC: Moveing things here so that it doesn't derail the other RP too much.)

I walk up to an almost unresponsive mack. I then put my head back as far as it would go, just to see the top of the tower.
I pet my new Monozu on the head, still wondering what to name it, and still hoping i'll even get to name it after this.

He stares up at the blue sky.

"The plan... well we will need to travel to Lavender town obviously... The tower might be gone but the catacombs are still around im sure. We might be able to find answers down there or atleast some form of clue...just be ready for some powerful ghost pokemon. If and when we do encounter Tamamae...I want you both to be in a position where you can easly get away if things go wrong. I can't have you kids go dieing on me...or worse. I fully understand what the danger is in this. Not alot of other stuff we can realy plan for except possibly an encounter with a group like Team Rocket or Galactic. I wouldn't be suprised if there was a group out there that sought after it or worshiped it."

He smirks a little.

"It's kind of funny how you keep reffering to the pokemon as a he."
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:
Robert metroid wrote:

"The plan... well we will need to travel to Lavender town obviously... The tower might be gone but the catacombs are still around im sure. We might be able to find answers down there or atleast some form of clue...just be ready for some powerful ghost pokemon. If and when we do encounter Tamamae...I want you both to be in a position where you can easly get away if things go wrong. I can't have you kids go dieing on me...or worse. I fully understand what the danger is in this. Not alot of other stuff we can realy plan for except possibly an encounter with a group like Team Rocket or Galactic. I wouldn't be suprised if there was a group out there that sought after it or worshiped it."

He smirks a little.

I looked slightly embarressed after what was said.
"Oh, sorry I didn't even notice I was calling Tamamae a he... is it a she? or... just an it?"
then my mind wandered back to what mack said about the catacombs, when I was growing up, the pokémon tower was filled with many ghost pokémon, but none were particularly powerful. I new about the catacombs but never thought of going down there, now I have just been told there are exceptionally powerful ghost types down there...
"Two of my pokémon originate from lavander town itself, would they have ever been in the catacombs like edwin? I don't know much about Tibia's mother either... or why many marowaks die at lavander town.."
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:
Robert metroid wrote:

He smirks a little.

I looked slightly embarressed after what was said.
"Oh, sorry I didn't even notice I was calling Tamamae a he... is it a she? or... just an it?"
then my mind wandered back to what mack said about the catacombs, when I was growing up, the pokémon tower was filled with many ghost pokémon, but none were particularly powerful. I new about the catacombs but never thought of going down there, now I have just been told there are exceptionally powerful ghost types down there...
"Two of my pokémon originate from lavander town itself, would they have ever been in the catacombs like edwin? I don't know much about Tibia's mother either... or why many marowaks die at lavander town.."

He chuckles a little.

"It's fine. If we go by the tales we can assume female. It has refered to Tamamae as a female several times. Some Legendary pokemon tend to be notoriously hard to gender classify though. As for your question it's entirely possible. I doubt we may ever know though."

He pulls an apple out of his satchel and takes a bite of it.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:
He chuckles a little.

"It's fine. If we go by the tales we can assume female. It has refered to Tamamae as a female several times. Some Legendary pokemon tend to be notoriously hard to gender classify though. As for your question it's entirely possible. I doubt we may ever know though."

My Monozu leaps into the air and steals the apple, crunching it down immediately.
"oh... i'm sorry, my pokémon don't exactly seem to be very lucky for you do they... well on the bright side at least I know Monozu likes apples."
I laugh a bit, hoping to lighten the mood, and hoping macks wouldn't remember the fact that only a few hours before, Tibia smashed a display case for an ancient tablet.
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:
He chuckles a little.

My Monozu leaps into the air and steals the apple, crunching it down immediately.
"oh... i'm sorry, my pokémon don't exactly seem to be very lucky for you do they... well on the bright side at least I know Monozu likes apples."
I laugh a bit, hoping to lighten the mood, and hoping macks wouldn't remember the fact that only a few hours before, Tibia smashed a display case for an ancient tablet.

He stares at the empty spot in his hands for a few moments where the apple was and starts to chukle a little when his mind finaly registers what has happened.

"I suppose so huh? We will need to gather some supplies for the trip. I even got us a van. I think we can try to have fun with this. It could be like an adventure."

He smiles brightly.

"I always was one for adventures. Ever since I was a kid. Silly how a movie can inspire you so much."
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:
Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:
He chuckles a little.

He stares at the empty spot in his hands for a few moments where the apple was and starts to chukle a little when his mind finaly registers what has happened.

"I suppose so huh? We will need to gather some supplies for the trip. I even got us a van. I think we can try to have fun with this. It could be like an adventure."

He smiles brightly.

"I always was one for adventures. Ever since I was a kid. Silly how a movie can inspire you so much."

I respond to macks smile and lighten my mood.
"What movie was it? oh and I've never been one for adventuring...although i've always wanted to have an adventure, or go on an exciting journey though, in fact, once this is over, I think I might just challange a few gyms."
I open up a sketch pad and finish off the drawing of Monozu, I add a bit more shading, and make sure the texture looks just right.
"It'll be a change from just drawing all the time... or making attachments for my phone..."
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 pm

"It's kinda silly but when I was just I kid I saw Indiana Jones for the first time. Was one of the best movies I ever saw. Got me so interested in history and Archeaology. Being able to travel the world going to so many new places and uncovering the past for the next generation to be able to learn about and appreciate. The search for truth about our-selves and the world around us. Thats what I love about what I do. If we survive this maybe i'll take you guys along with me if you have the time?"

He seems to have cheered up alot more.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:"It's kinda silly but when I was just I kid I saw Indiana Jones for the first time. Was one of the best movies I ever saw. Got me so interested in history and Archeaology. Being able to travel the world going to so many new places and uncovering the past for the next generation to be able to learn about and appreciate. The search for truth about our-selves and the world around us. Thats what I love about what I do. If we survive this maybe i'll take you guys along with me if you have the time?"

I begin to imagine what going to a dig, or a cave, or something of the sort would be like.
"That'd be pretty great, i've never been up for it before, but i've read a lot about some myths, mostly to do with dragons, or reptillian creatures."
I glance over to monozu, trying to hide my overwhelming excitment that I have my own dragon.
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:"It's kinda silly but when I was just I kid I saw Indiana Jones for the first time. Was one of the best movies I ever saw. Got me so interested in history and Archeaology. Being able to travel the world going to so many new places and uncovering the past for the next generation to be able to learn about and appreciate. The search for truth about our-selves and the world around us. Thats what I love about what I do. If we survive this maybe i'll take you guys along with me if you have the time?"

I begin to imagine what going to a dig, or a cave, or something of the sort would be like.
"That'd be pretty great, i've never been up for it before, but i've read a lot about some myths, mostly to do with dragons, or reptillian creatures."
I glance over to monozu, trying to hide my overwhelming excitment that I have my own dragon.

He nods sagely.

"I see. Mythological creatures and pokemon have always been a big interest of mine. I learned about Tamamae about a year after my encounter with it... From everything I know i realy want to meet it first hand. Theres so much I could possibly learn...besides I want to know why it bothered to rescue me from that labyrinth and what it was doing meeting with my wife at the pokemon tower."
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 pm

"So I was wondering, what does tamamae look like? and did you see an example of it's powers? also... I was thinking... edwin is unusually sized for a Haunter, and he lived in the catacombs, Insomnium is a fairly average sized Gengar, but would even travel outside sometimes even when he was a gastly and didn't know me. Also you mentioned there are powerful ghost types down there... so is it possible that even the very presence of tamamae could cause ghost types to become more powerful?"
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Robert metroid wrote:"So I was wondering, what does tamamae look like? and did you see an example of it's powers? also... I was thinking... edwin is unusually sized for a Haunter, and he lived in the catacombs, Insomnium is a fairly average sized Gengar, but would even travel outside sometimes even when he was a gastly and didn't know me. Also you mentioned there are powerful ghost types down there... so is it possible that even the very presence of tamamae could cause ghost types to become more powerful?"

"I have a rough sketch here somewhere...It's a bit old since I made it as soon as I could after the incident."

He digs through his satchel for a bit before pulling out a paper and hands it over.

Spoiler:

"It definately has a distinct look to it. Both intimidateing and enchanting at the same time... I can't say for sure what powers it has...but if we go by the tales it can atleast hide it's true form. I definately won't throw out that theory though. I always just thought the ghost pokemon down there where stronger because they where older and much more malevolent."

Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:
Robert metroid wrote:"So I was wondering, what does tamamae look like? and did you see an example of it's powers? also... I was thinking... edwin is unusually sized for a Haunter, and he lived in the catacombs, Insomnium is a fairly average sized Gengar, but would even travel outside sometimes even when he was a gastly and didn't know me. Also you mentioned there are powerful ghost types down there... so is it possible that even the very presence of tamamae could cause ghost types to become more powerful?"

"I have a rough sketch here somewhere...It's a bit old since I made it as soon as I could after the incident."

He digs through his satchel for a bit before pulling out a paper and hands it over.

Spoiler:

"It definately has a distinct look to it. Both intimidateing and enchanting at the same time... I can't say for sure what powers it has...but if we go by the tales it can atleast hide it's true form. I definately won't throw out that theory though. I always just thought the ghost pokemon down there where stronger because they where older and much more malevolent."

I raise an eyebrow at the picture, it looks quiet strange compared to any pokémon I saw before.
"well I was only speculating about the effect Tamamae might have on ghost pokémon, I might be completely off."
I wander around in a circle looking at the sketch, Monozu lunged again, this time trying to bite the sketch, luckily I pulled away in time and quickly handed it back to mack.
"Wow I gotta' watch out for his appitite...."
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Robert metroid wrote:
Archeologist Mack wrote:

Spoiler:

I raise an eyebrow at the picture, it looks quiet strange compared to any pokémon I saw before.
"well I was only speculating about the effect Tamamae might have on ghost pokémon, I might be completely off."
I wander around in a circle looking at the sketch, Monozu lunged again, this time trying to bite the sketch, luckily I pulled away in time and quickly handed it back to mack.
"Wow I gotta' watch out for his appitite...."

He stuffs it back in the bag and tosses the pokemon another apple.

"Indeed...In any case you have a fairly good idea what Tamamae looks like now. Care to share your thoughts perhaps?"

A light breeze blows and rustles the tree leaves.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

"Well I can certainly see how someone could mistake her for a ninetails, seeing as she basically has the same tails as one. overall though she seems scarily human like... kinda makes you assume she would be fairly frail... a very good strategy, also if she can change her appearance we might not even see her at all, or she could change into some horrifying monster that could scare us to death..."
I shudder at some of the thoughts I have... mostly about certain mosters she could change into.
"I'm really hoping it's the former of the two if I had a choice...."
I crouch down to pet monozu, hoping he won't try to maul my face, or decide my hand looks better than an apple.
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Robert metroid wrote:"Well I can certainly see how someone could mistake her for a ninetails, seeing as she basically has the same tails as one. overall though she seems scarily human like... kinda makes you assume she would be fairly frail... a very good strategy, also if she can change her appearance we might not even see her at all, or she could change into some horrifying monster that could scare us to death..."
I shudder at some of the thoughts I have... mostly about certain mosters she could change into.
I crouch down to pet monozu, hoping he won't try to maul my face, or decide my hand looks better than an apple.

"I have to agree it is very unusual how close the appearance is to a human... Could explain why we haven't had any sort of sightings or anything. Probubly blends right into human society in disguise. chances are thats all she would use it for I think."

He pauses for a moment and becomes a bit pensive.

"I think i'll take a brief nap so I while I collect my thougts..."

(OOC: I need to go for today. Hope you liked that doodle of mine. Had to use a digital camera since I don't have a scanner. See ya for now.)
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Archeologist Mack wrote:
Robert metroid wrote:"Well I can certainly see how someone could mistake her for a ninetails, seeing as she basically has the same tails as one. overall though she seems scarily human like... kinda makes you assume she would be fairly frail... a very good strategy, also if she can change her appearance we might not even see her at all, or she could change into some horrifying monster that could scare us to death..."

"I have to agree it is very unusual how close the appearance is to a human... Could explain why we haven't had any sort of sightings or anything. Probubly blends right into human society in disguise. chances are thats all she would use it for I think."

He pauses for a moment and becomes a bit pensive.

"I think i'll take a brief nap so I while I collect my thougts..."

(OOC: I need to go for today. Hope you liked that doodle of mine. Had to use a digital camera since I don't have a scanner. See ya for now.)

(OOC: yeah it was pretty good, and I don't have a scanner either.. so any pictures i'm gonna upload will have terrible lighting. so see ya anyway Very Happy )
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 pm

It had taken Sedah a while to show up. A bad knee and having to get a bunch of Pokemon transferred over did take some time. She'd come up to the foot of the bellsprout tower. Her curly hair tied back under her bandanna now and an Ivysaur at her feet. The pokemon had a serious expression and was making sure to keep itself between her and anyone else. Clearly fiercely protective.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am

Sedah wrote:It had taken Sedah a while to show up. A bad knee and having to get a bunch of Pokemon transferred over did take some time. She'd come up to the foot of the bellsprout tower. Her curly hair tied back under her bandanna now and an Ivysaur at her feet. The pokemon had a serious expression and was making sure to keep itself between her and anyone else. Clearly fiercely protective.

I walk over to sedah, hoping she really knew what she was getting into, with an all grass team.
"Well hello there sedah, so did you see any of the others on the way? or is this it now.."
I would have walked closer only for the fact her Ivysaur seemed intent on letting nobody get near sedah.
"well... I can see your Ivysaur has the right mindset for today..."
I glance around taking in the scenery, I had never been outside of kanto until very recently and now after one day I am involved with an ancient poweful pokémon.
"So lets see your team sedah"
I smile at her trying to refrain from staying on bleak matters.
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 pm

"Heh, Setzling doesn't like anyone I think." She'd say as she'd lean down to pat his head. The big toad like creature nearly cooing happily, though keeping his eye on Robert. She'd let out the rest of her team. A Rosarade, Her gloom, and A Cyndaquil. That... seemed to be it.
"Didn't see anyone else heading this way... should give em a little time to catch up though."
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Sedah wrote:"Heh, Setzling doesn't like anyone I think." She'd say as she'd lean down to pat his head. The big toad like creature nearly cooing happily, though keeping his eye on Robert. She'd let out the rest of her team. A Rosarade, Her gloom, and A Cyndaquil. That... seemed to be it.
"Didn't see anyone else heading this way... should give em a little time to catch up though."

"Oh wow a cyndaquil, they are rare..."
I send out my team, Lucifer my alakazam, Insomnium my gengar, Tibia my marowak and my new monozu which I have yet to name.
"Well this is my team, hope our pokémon can get along... I hope your Ivysaur doesn't get too edgy though"
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Mack seems to have fallen asleep on the bench he was laying on. He mumbles a bit to him-self now and then but is otherwise out of it. His haunter is on the other end and seems mildly bored.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 am

Archeologist Mack wrote:Mack seems to have fallen asleep on the bench he was laying on. He mumbles a bit to him-self now and then but is otherwise out of it. His haunter is on the other end and seems mildly bored.

I look over to the sleeping Mack and his bored haunter Edwin
"Nice to see Macks interest is peaking... hey edwin! come over here for a minute."
While edwin floats over I take out some sweets, the kind my Gengar loves to eat.
"Here, have some of these"
I give him about half the handful before my Monozu leaps into the air and steals the rest in one gulp.
"Oh god... ok I think I know what i'm going to call you"
I think it over for a second while edwin finishes off the sweets, taking about 3 times as long as Monozu.
"I'm gonna' call you Angler, after the fish"
Monozu looks up blindly snapping for more food.
"You're living up to your name already..."
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum