Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue and Rehabilitation Center

2 posters

Go down

Rescue and Rehabilitation Center Empty Rescue and Rehabilitation Center

Post  StoiseRehab Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Well hello there everyone, thanks for stopping by. You may have seen me recently on /vp/ talking about running a Rehab Center on the Seafoam Islands for Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise. I see myself as a healthy, natural alternative to the official Pokemon Centers found in most towns across Kanto. In addition, I also run a small nesting operation for wild 'stoise.

Anyway, I figured it was time to move over here to talk about 'stoise conservation. So, does anybody have any questions or comments about what I do?
StoiseRehab
StoiseRehab

Back to top Go down

Rescue and Rehabilitation Center Empty Re: Rescue and Rehabilitation Center

Post  Robert metroid Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:18 am

StoiseRehab wrote:Well hello there everyone, thanks for stopping by. You may have seen me recently on /vp/ talking about running a Rehab Center on the Seafoam Islands for Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise. I see myself as a healthy, natural alternative to the official Pokemon Centers found in most towns across Kanto. In addition, I also run a small nesting operation for wild 'stoise.

Anyway, I figured it was time to move over here to talk about 'stoise conservation. So, does anybody have any questions or comments about what I do?

How do you go about raising them? I would imagine Blastoise get pretty rough with each other at times. And when you say a nesting operation... does that mean you adopt some of the squirtlles?
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  StoiseRehab Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm

Well the Blastoise do get a little touchy at times, which is why I picked the Seafoam Islands for the location. Loads of open space, calm tides, and not a lot of people to piss off. I've only had a few fights break out over food or territories, but between my own Blastoise's negotiating and the Magnemite that I keep with me at all times, they tend to end quickly. They're big, but all it takes is a few sparks from the Mag and they turn as skittish as a bunch of Bidoof. I also keep them apart when they're that big; one Blastoise to one tank.

As far as the nesting goes, I don't adopt the majority of the Squirtle. I keep beaches clear and protected for the nesting Mothers and then protect the actual nests themselves. The majority of the eggs I let go, but any stragglers get taken into the center to be cared for by a few of my non-releasables. I've got a Squirtle who can't dive and a Wartortle who's blind (both Everstone'd for their safety), and they do a pretty good job at teaching the little ones how to make it. If there are interested trainers at this point I'll conduct interviews and try to place the Squirtle. If I can't, then I send them on their merry way out into the wild, and after that no news is good news.
StoiseRehab
StoiseRehab

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert metroid Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:39 am

StoiseRehab wrote:Well the Blastoise do get a little touchy at times, which is why I picked the Seafoam Islands for the location. Loads of open space, calm tides, and not a lot of people to piss off. I've only had a few fights break out over food or territories, but between my own Blastoise's negotiating and the Magnemite that I keep with me at all times, they tend to end quickly. They're big, but all it takes is a few sparks from the Mag and they turn as skittish as a bunch of Bidoof. I also keep them apart when they're that big; one Blastoise to one tank.

As far as the nesting goes, I don't adopt the majority of the Squirtle. I keep beaches clear and protected for the nesting Mothers and then protect the actual nests themselves. The majority of the eggs I let go, but any stragglers get taken into the center to be cared for by a few of my non-releasables. I've got a Squirtle who can't dive and a Wartortle who's blind (both Everstone'd for their safety), and they do a pretty good job at teaching the little ones how to make it. If there are interested trainers at this point I'll conduct interviews and try to place the Squirtle. If I can't, then I send them on their merry way out into the wild, and after that no news is good news.

Well in my team I have 4 pokémon at the moment and would love to add a squirtle. Let me know when you need to interview me when one becomes available. My only concern though is that I have no other water types in my team, so would it be uncomfortable? or scared?
Robert metroid
Robert metroid

Back to top Go down

Post  StoiseRehab Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 am

Not a problem at all, just stop by the Seafoams whenever you can; I'm on the Western side of the Eastern island. However, the recent coldsnap has left the water a bit more frigid than the most of them like, so as a result I've got a ton of hypothermic Squirtle that need constant attention. So far I've beamed a few of them down to a friend in the Orange Islands for release, but I still have a few who are taking awhile to recover. If you can get down here within the next few weeks you might be able to take one of them. I've also got a few of the hatch stragglers left but most trainers consider them damaged goods. Lefty had a bad run-in with a Kingler right after he hatched so he's missing his right arm and Phantom got attacked by a Wingull or a Spearow or something so he's missing an eye. Both of them are candidates for Everstoning, so I'll admit that I am trying to place them with trainers or breeders as I can't have a hospital full of non-releasables. However, if you're a trainer I understand that neither of those two would work for battles, so you could have one of the hypothermic ones. Regardless, get down here whenever you can and we'll see which one you like.

As far as temperment goes, Squirtle are excellent. They're very inquisitive and friendly when they're young and get along just fine with everyone. Back when I started I had my Squirtle along with a Magnemite and a Duskull. The Squirtle and Magnemite remain best friends, and although the Duskull's moved on she got along fine with Squirtle. My Squirtle did have a fear of the Victreebel line which he's never really gotten over, so just be wary with the plants and you should be fine. Just be careful during the Wartortle stage; you'll see when you visit. Wild little buggers, they are.
StoiseRehab
StoiseRehab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum