Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homebody, or traveler?

+6
Catherine
Marissa
Shana
vaati
Trainer Nick
SuperTrainStationH
10 posters

Go down

Homebody, or traveler? Empty Homebody, or traveler?

Post  SuperTrainStationH Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Mildly embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't really been "living" properly in the regions I've been exploring.

Right now I'm training in Johto, but I've yet to sleep a single night there yet, as I'm on a REALLY tight budget and can't even afford any B&B or motel/hotel fees, camping equipment, or even the dirt cheap Trainer Hostel membership so I can crash overnight at the Pokémon Centers.

Additionally, I'm needed at home in Paumanok frequently and I'll be lucky to even find a day a week to head over to Johto and train.

When I want to go train I just go next door and my neighbor's Kadabra teleports me into Johto to about wherever I last teleported out from, and to get home I have the addresses and PokéGear numbers of trainers in Johto near whatever town I'm training near who have Pokémon that can teleport me home, and most of them will do it for free, though I'll generally offer them an item I dont' need or something like that.

Hopefully things will change a little better and I can have a proper Pokémon training journey abroad, because I can tell I'm missing out on a lot of the experience of the towns and wilds of Johto where I'm training at now.

Right now this probably wouldn't be an issue if I were to train in Unova which is just an hour train ride away from me plus I have relatives I can stay with if not crashing at the Pokémon Centers, but for some reason I'm intent on getting all eighteeen of the Johto and Kanto badges and trying for the Sinnoh League before I go to Unova.

So, what's your situation? Training locally? Posting from a Center hostel, or have you got a tent pitched up somewhere?
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Homebody, or traveler? Empty Re: Homebody, or traveler?

Post  Trainer Nick Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Born and bred in Rustboro City; most travelling I've done is to Petalburg and Mauville.

North-West of the city, blue roof with a big Oran tree out back; usually with a Ninjask in it.

Feel free to drop by any time.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  vaati Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:41 pm

I've done a lot of traveling since I left New Bark Town with my Trapinch. My town is small and a lot of kids and young adults end up traveling before coming back or settling down so it wasn't odd for someone like me to pack up and leave. My Pokemon and I have been to a lot of places in Hoenn and Sinnoh. I even did the Gym Challenge in Sinnoh so I like to think I explored that region somewhat extensively.

I always carry a small tent and sleeping bag on me when I'm traveling because it isn't uncommon for you to have to spend a few days or so traveling between towns/cities. Not everyone likes to travel the usual path too so there's a lot of exploration involved depending on what kind of person you are. Sleeping outdoors is really nice but I always stay at each Pokemon Center I pass for at least one night. A shower is too good to pass up. They're also great places to make friends, find traveling short-term traveling companions, getting information, and finding battles.

I'm going to be heading to Johto sometime in December for a few months. Then in the Spring I'll be going to Unova. Right now I'm posting this from a Center hostel in Rustboro City though.
vaati
vaati

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Homebody, sadly! I've barely left Goldenrod - the furthest I've gone is a vacation to Kanto when I was a kid. My apartment block has a big garden at the back, so space isn't a problem for my Meganium, and I just... haven't seen much.

But, I have an opportunity to go to Hoenn soon - that's what I've been doing lately, preparing for that. So I guess I'll start travelling soon!
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 am

I'm a traveler, big time. I left my home in Goldenrod and got all of the badges, traveling all over, then did the same in Hoenn and then Kanto. I like the traveling lifestyle, even if it was one of only having just enough to get by.

I went to Sinnoh last and I actually got a small house out here in Solaceon with the money I got from winning battles and selling baby Pokemon I bred. I've been living here for a while, but it's about time for me to sell the place and move along to a new challenge. I'm thinking Unova next.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Catherine Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm more of a homebody; I've never been outside of Hoenn, but I've been to a few different cities in the region. I live in Lilycove, so I occasionally hop on the ferry to Slateport, if I feel up to it. I've been to Rustboro, Mauville, and Lavaridge as well; all of them were wonderful.

Lately, though, I've been thinking about moving to Hearthome City. I heard it's a really nice place, and I'm really interested in Sinnoh contests.
Catherine
Catherine

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Due to my job im pretty much a travler by necesity. I get to go all sorts of place over the globe and meet a lot of people and pokemon. I do have a small home in Violet city though. Most of my time is spent focusing on work though so I usualy don't have a chance to check out the local pokemon and take a shot at catching some. I did manage to catch a Haunter in pokemon tower about a year before they tore it down to make that radio tower. Im still a bit uneasy about that whole ordeal.

Last edited by Archeologist Mack on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Darryl Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:56 pm

I've been a traveler off-and-on... I journeyed around Kanto for the most part of my life, taking year-long breaks frequently. When I was 15, I traveled to Johto and did the gym circuit thing there and a year and a half later I wound up back in Kanto journeying around some more (I have literally seen all there is to see there)

2 years ago though, I traveled here to Sinnoh and have been here ever since. I own a small cabin just north of Route 210 along the coast (need to be on the water for Lapras). Don't know if I'm going to stay here or not. Most likely I will find a new region to travel. Although I do love it here in Sinnoh
Darryl
Darryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:13 am

Darryl wrote:I've been a traveler off-and-on... I journeyed around Kanto for the most part of my life, taking year-long breaks frequently. When I was 15, I traveled to Johto and did the gym circuit thing there and a year and a half later I wound up back in Kanto journeying around some more (I have literally seen all there is to see there)

2 years ago though, I traveled here to Sinnoh and have been here ever since. I own a small cabin just north of Route 210 along the coast (need to be on the water for Lapras). Don't know if I'm going to stay here or not. Most likely I will find a new region to travel. Although I do love it here in Sinnoh
You might want to consider Unova. I grew up there most of my life and the big cities can be quite exciteing. There are also quite a few pokemon you might like as well.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  shogoGky1 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 am

Just arrived in Mauville from Pewter, haven't necessarily gone to astray from it, although I have been researching near bug Pokemon and electric. I've only got into a few battles with my trusty Scizor.
I am planning to head over to Rustboro soon, as I would like to explore the city a bit, and might head over to a bug breeder.
shogoGky1
shogoGky1

Back to top Go down

Post  Darryl Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 am

Archeologist Mack wrote:
Darryl wrote:I've been a traveler off-and-on... I journeyed around Kanto for the most part of my life, taking year-long breaks frequently. When I was 15, I traveled to Johto and did the gym circuit thing there and a year and a half later I wound up back in Kanto journeying around some more (I have literally seen all there is to see there)

You might want to consider Unova. I grew up there most of my life and the big cities can be quite exciteing. There are also quite a few pokemon you might like as well.

Yeah I keep hearing about Unova... How long is the travel from Sinnoh?
Darryl
Darryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 am

I'm a homebody. I did the traveling thing for a while, but I have some pretty serious knee problems so it couldn't of lasted very long. I live in Olvine, where I grew up right now. But I was out in Orre for a few years.
I have a pretty big garden and live near a major training hub so I still get out and get my guys their exercise and training. But they're more just my friends than anything I use to fight for me. Though Setzling has saved me more than a few times when I've gotten into trouble... and considering Orre... that was kind of a lot.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum