Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokeworld.

3 posters

Go down

The Pokeworld.  Empty The Pokeworld.

Post  PKMN Trainer Zero Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Need some clarification. Are the first four regions going to be more like continents/countries in our world, or will they be a part of Japan like their shape implies? What about Unova? Different country?

I ask because everything I wrote about my character in the /tr/ threads so far take place in Ohio, USA, aside from my most recent post (just got to Kanto). I need to know so I can change my character accordingly, plus, it's probably best if we're all on the same page. Sometimes there were inconsistencies and contradictions in the /tr/ threads. I suppose that's to be expected in RPing threads on an anonymous image board though.

Thanks! Razz
PKMN Trainer Zero
PKMN Trainer Zero

Back to top Go down

The Pokeworld.  Empty Re: The Pokeworld.

Post  Shana Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 am

I personally like the idea of the first four regions replacing the Japanese regions they're based on? So the country of Japan still exists, but there's no Hokkaido - instead, it's Sinnoh, and things like the ethnic balance and language and architecture are adjusted accordingly.

Cities could be replaced, too - for instance, Johto is based on the Kansai region, so instead of, say, Kyoto, we have Ecruteak, and instead of Osaka, we have Goldenrod, or something?

And then, Unova could just replace the New York City area and be a part of the United States. We know that the US exists in the Pokemon world anyway, too - Lt Surge, for instance, is referred to as American.

Maybe in this world, the areas that make up the in-game regions just have a higher-than-usual concentration of Pokemon, and that's why they become the subject of 'educational games' where you get to play as a trainer? That could be kind of fun, actually - my Johtoite character could have played games set in her own area of the world.
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:53 pm

I just imagine the featured regions replacing their IRL equivalents, and that until there's an official canon representation of a certain region i'll just call it by its IRL name, or I'll slightly fictionalize it.

For instance, I'll call Long Island (which is directly east of NYC and geographically attached to it) Paumanok, which is it's ancient native ameircan name.

In my head coming into this, (and in daydreams where I thought of this) was that the main RPGs and Stadium/Revolution ect. were both sims (as we have games based on various sports and activities like boating and racing and flight simes and so forth) and loosely fictionalized versions of actual events, where as other games like the Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon were mutually "real" to the world we're inserting ourselves here.

I really don't think there's going to be too much a problem with differing personal conceptions of how the different games and anime so forth relate to "real life" as long as we all sort of follow the rules of improv acting and just go with the flow, even if things differ slightly from thread to thread, like whether or not we're literally sharing the world with Ash & company, either way there's something to be enjoyed and appreciated, so we can have it both ways so long as we don't tread on each other's toes and try to make this TOO structured.

SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum