Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Chat/Introduction Thread

+12
Veestah
SuperTrainStationH
Zalgo Droul Iminez
Purple
Shana
Marissa
vaati
Trainer Nick
Sedah
Trainer Reine
Haunt
Dragon Tamer
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favorite eeveelution?

OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap8%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap23%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap0%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap54%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap8%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap7%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_lcap0%OOC Chat/Introduction Thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

OOC Chat/Introduction Thread Empty OOC Chat/Introduction Thread

Post  Dragon Tamer Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:25 pm

I didn't see one of these around, and I figured we could use it. This isn't just an introduction thread, you should also use it for OOC chat. If I'm doing this the wrong way, please let me know, I'm new.

Hi everyone. You might recognise me as Phil on 4chan, but there's only a slight possibility of that since I've only been on 4chan at all for about a week. I was going to make my username here Phil as well, but I kept typing my email wrong, so I ended up making it so that I couldn't use that name. Instead I picked this username because dragon's my favorite type.

Oh, by the way, I'm setting up a poll as a ice breaker, suggestions for future polls are welcome.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back to top Go down

OOC Chat/Introduction Thread Empty Re: OOC Chat/Introduction Thread

Post  Haunt Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 pm

nice Very Happy

sadly im not a fan of eeveelutions lol
Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Sup, Uh, I'm anonymous on 4chan, or Gastly's Trainer in the pokemon are real threads. I started up the forums with the help of Mithos after a particularly troll-y pokemon thread.
Everyone here can just call me Lain ooc, that's my fr rls name.
So introductions? Um, I picked umbreon, which is apparently the fan favorite at the moment. I just really like dark and ghost pokemon because I am unique, derp.
Going to college for graphic design and illustration (though you wouldn't guess it from the shit doodles I post, herp, I'm too busy)

I'll mostly be super active on the weekends, not so active during the week, I work a lot of hours at the screen printing shop I live above, makin' dem t-shirts! it's a passion of mine, I love the process.

Ahhhh, that ended up being a lot of information.

I'm really excited everyone is here! Ask mithos, I was panicking, thinking no one would come. I hope we all continue to have a good time, even a community this small is really awesome :3

And everyone feel free to email me with things you want! don't be shy please, I want to make everything the best I can for everyone here
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

https://pokemonarereal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Couple questions:

1. Which was was the particular troll-y thread?
2. What's with the 'Pokeball Conversion'?
3. Why haven't there been any 4chan threads? I like it better here, but we could at least spread the word about this place on another thread. It feels sorta empty.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Dragon Tamer wrote:Couple questions:

1. Which was was the particular troll-y thread?
2. What's with the 'Pokeball Conversion'?
3. Why haven't there been any 4chan threads? I like it better here, but we could at least spread the word about this place on another thread. It feels sorta empty.

1. I can't remember exactly, but everyone was getting fed up, so I was like "Um, we could always get a free forum? I can set it up and stuff..." and some people got excited, and some people got upset and butthurt about it. I think Professor D was particularly upset with me.

2. That came with the theme. I need to take the image into the computer and do something else with it, but, I've been very busy this week with work and projects, I apologize, I know, it's kind of odd and confusing, I'm going to fix it this saturday, time (and hangover) permitting (4 friends turning 21 this weekend.)

3. I have never made a "pokemon are real" thread on 4chan itself. I always participated, and then simply suggested the forum. I feel a little awkward starting one up, I'm a little too apologetic, my tone always comes off as a bit sorry and apologetic when I promote things I have made, I don't like the feeling of narcissism. I'd also like to see more people, I sent the link to the ficfags, and I think mithos did the last "pokemon are real" over on /vp/, and I think he bumped rocket's thread with the link once as well...
By all means, anyone who wants to send the link out, feel free. Anyone on /vp/ can start a "pokemon are real" thread, so please don't be shy, if you want to RP on 4chan, don't worry about it! I find I always have better reception to such things than I imagine beforehand. I think it's a bit intimidating at first, but, no one is in charge of them, and everyone seems happy once they're made

Also, I was given space on an image server for the site! So, if anyone draws and would like to have images put up, please let me know! I can host files of any resolution, as far as I know.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 am

I posted as grass trainer in the threads. But I don't normally post under a name on 4chan. Don't really know what to say about myself. I'm... a person? That's all I guess. I'm kind of boring.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Haunt Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 am

OOC i'm called Tommy im not afraid to be known on first name basis i post as splash katchum sometimes on /vp/ but mostly as anon XD

Im active way too much on forums :/

Things i like other than pokemon are mostly mmo Very Happy and the occasional yugi oh im a complete game freak Very Happy

Sometime soon i will be doing drawfaggotry and upload some images with a scanner type device [when i get mine] sometime this month i think lol XD

I spent most this year at art college so i like to think im not shit at arty stuff Razz ['scuse the language]

so yeah thats pretty much who i am right a arty farty game nerd Very Happy
Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi all, just came across this link.

I'm that guy who drones on about Ninjask & Shedinja all the time on all the /vp/ threads.

I like what you've done here Smile
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  vaati Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi, I'm Vaati. I'm a university student from New York.

I had never participated in the Pokemon-are-real threads on /vp/ - maybe because I don't go there too much - but one day I found the link to this forum in the OP. It sounds fun and I really like the idea of it. Everyone here seems nice. :]

I'll be playing as Vaati, a trainer from Hoenn who has traveled his home region and Sinnoh. While he didn't fight the gyms while he traveled through Hoenn he chose to do so in Sinnoh where he later fought in Sinnoh's League Conference. His main focus is to learn about Pokemon since he wants to be a researcher - dreaming of ending up as a professor or a professor's assistant.

Last edited by vaati on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Editted to add some info about my character.)
vaati
vaati

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Trainer Nick wrote:Hi all, just came across this link.

I'm that guy who drones on about Ninjask & Shedinja all the time on all the /vp/ threads.

I like what you've done here Smile

Ahhhhh Shedinja guy! You made me want a Shedinja....
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:
Ahhhhh Shedinja guy! You made me want a Shedinja....

Glad to see I have an impact Smile I'm sure your Gastly would love the company of another ghost.

I'm planning on breeding/finding another Nincada to raise at some point in the near future, want me to hang on to the Shedinja for you? You may have to take the Ninjask too, by the way; I'd rather not separate a pair.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Introductions, yay!

So, my name's Marissa, obviously- but I trip on /vp/ as Raticate. I participated a little in what I believe was one of the first 'Pokemon are Real' threads, if not the first one itself. (I faintly recall the OP image being a Charmeleon, but I could just be bonkers.)

In real life, I'm a costumer and plushie-maker, on top of being a college student majoring in- surprise, surprise- Costume Design!

I really love the idea of a forum for this and I can't wait to see it get off the ground. I plan on using my plush dolls and costumes to bring another level of realism to any topics I start- which I've already done with my little Bachuru plush! I hope you guys enjoy these sort of antics and we keep this going~!
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey, guys. Haven't tripped on /tr/, but I've been a pretty active participant in those threads.

My main character here will be Shana, a Meganium trainer (and fan of Grass-types in general) from Johto (this was the character who wanted to know what to do about a neighbour illegally using him in gardening contests), but others may come up - an unnamed trainer in Pewter City who has an Umbreon, a random Grass-type fan who's just moved to Ecruteak from Hoenn and wasn't sure how to keep their Tropius and Jumpluff warm over winter, and Miki, a Blaziken trainer from Lilycove who's teaching her Blaziken how to type. ...Slowly.

Nice to join you all formally!
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Hello everyone! Nice to meet all of you. I should probably say something about my character, because other people are. Yes, I'm just that kind of person. He's a 14 year old from Isshu that looks up everything he needs to know on the Internet. That's about it.

Okay, who was the third person to vote Umbreon? I did, and Reine did. (can't remember your real name, sorry, I'll look it up after I post this message) Shana mentioned an Umbreon, was it her?

*edit: Oh, and I'm not the newest user anymore, yay! (It's Lain, I re-read her first post)

Last edited by Dragon Tamer on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of something to add)
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 am

Yeah, I voted for Umbreon. It was my first Eeveelution and everything.
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey. :3 I'm Purple. I don't trip on /tr/ or anything, so you won't have met me before. D= But, you know. Bleh. I'm bad at this.

I'm eighteen and currently attending college in Texas, for graphic design/communications (for advertising). I've been playing Pokemon since first gen, and it's definitely the love of my life. Vaporeon is my favorite Pokemon and always has been. :333 I'm also currently in the planning stages of co-authoring a Nuzlocke comic.

I'll be playing as Purple, who is a girl from Kanto that grew up around Pokemon in her home and took care of them as pets, but never got her own (thanks, policewoman mom) until she decided to sneak out of the house with a few Pokeballs and managed to catch a shiny Zubat. Since then, she's also gotten ahold of a Vaporeon, and now she travels to different regions to see the world.

Last edited by Purple on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot some stuff. >>)
Purple
Purple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zalgo Droul Iminez Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh, hello there. My name is Zalgo. Now, that's not my real name, but I found that name intriguing, so I adopted it as my own.

I'm new to the /tr/ scene. Probably shouldn't be there for another month, but I like the sense of danger associated with being an underageb&. I don't know why.

ANYWAY I've been playing Pokemon since RBY (Although, I will admit, I haven't played Sinnoh yet. I'm behind in the times, I know.)

I hope we can all be good friends, and thank you for having me here!
Zalgo Droul Iminez
Zalgo Droul Iminez

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 am

I'm Super Train Station H. Or STSH. Or H. Or whatever.

I run a dorky website which covers everything from Victorian steam locomotives to E3 2009 reaction footage.

I have a Twitter account that I frequently use to tweet "Pokémon are real" stuff, HERE

As far as the games go, I started with Red, imported Gold before when it came out, eventually got it in English, and in 2005 I finally got Sapphire, even though Emerald was already out.

I beat Sapphire a couple of months ago because I'm really slow with RPGs, and now I'm working on Soul Silver, then Platinum, and then hopefully I can beat Platinum by the time the Third Version of Gen V comes out.
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Veestah Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Hey, I'm Vee. Very Happy I'm here because STSH linked me.

I've always wished Pokemon were real, and I've always wanted to do a Pokemon story or comic.
I love the camaraderie between trainers and pokemon. There's just something that I'll always love, and I hope I'll fit in here.

Not much else to say at the moment, but maybe later.
Veestah
Veestah

http://veestah.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PKMN Trainer Zero Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:01 am

Hai guise.
PKMN Trainer Zero
PKMN Trainer Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 am

^What?

Hi everybody! I'm back after not being on for a while. I have a couple questions for all of you. First, what are we going to do about English pokemon names for Gen V as they come out? My character has a Mijumaru and I call it a Mijumaru, should I just start calling it an Oshawott as if it's always been called Oshawott? Second, the poll could use an update, does anyone have any suggestions? Lastly, I recently joined some other pokemon-related forums that have lots of people on them, do you think this place would get to swamped if I put a link in my signature? That's all for now, bye!
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Dragon Tamer wrote:^What?

Hi everybody! I'm back after not being on for a while. I have a couple questions for all of you. First, what are we going to do about English pokemon names for Gen V as they come out? My character has a Mijumaru and I call it a Mijumaru, should I just start calling it an Oshawott as if it's always been called Oshawott? Second, the poll could use an update, does anyone have any suggestions? Lastly, I recently joined some other pokemon-related forums that have lots of people on them, do you think this place would get to swamped if I put a link in my signature? That's all for now, bye!

Yeah, everyone just seems to be going back and editing their old posts with English names. Everyone's calling Isshu Unova as if it was never Isshu. I'm gonna do the same when Bachuru's English name comes out.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  PKMN Trainer Zero Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:08 pm

Dragon Tamer wrote:^What?

"Hai guise." = "Hi guys."

Just saying hello. :3

Dragon Tamer wrote:Hi everybody! I'm back after not being on for a while. I have a couple questions for all of you. First, what are we going to do about English pokemon names for Gen V as they come out? My character has a Mijumaru and I call it a Mijumaru, should I just start calling it an Oshawott as if it's always been called Oshawott? Second, the poll could use an update, does anyone have any suggestions? Lastly, I recently joined some other pokemon-related forums that have lots of people on them, do you think this place would get to swamped if I put a link in my signature? That's all for now, bye!

Might as well call everything by their English names. We do it for all the other Gens. I still really like the names Pignite, Smugleaf, and Wotter though. ;_;

It's doubtful the place would get swamped if you put a link in your sig(s). I don't know about other people, but I rarely click on anything in a person's sig.

New poll - favorite Gen V starter, perhaps?
PKMN Trainer Zero
PKMN Trainer Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tamer Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:49 pm

PKMN Trainer Zero wrote:
"Hai guise." = "Hi guys."

Yeah, I got that, it was just a little random. Your poll idea is good though, and I'm going to to go put a link in my signature right now.
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post  PKMN Trainer Zero Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 am

Speaking of signatures: I edited mine, but it isn't showing up. Do we have to reach a certain post count or something?
PKMN Trainer Zero
PKMN Trainer Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next