Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask me about raising the Nincada line

5 posters

Go down

Ask me about raising the Nincada line Empty Ask me about raising the Nincada line

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Greetings all,

Some of you may recognise me as the guy who talks about his Ninjask & Shedinja all the time on /vp/ and now that I've joined this forum you'll get to enjoy my rambling about them even more!

So, in this thread, feel free to ask me anything about the ins and outs of Nincada, Ninjask and/or Shedinja.

Pleasant posting! Smile
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Ask me about raising the Nincada line Empty Re: Ask me about raising the Nincada line

Post  Trainer Reine Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:33 pm

You mentioned something about breeding a new Nincada and asked me about Shedinja and Ninjask?

I really am fascinated by them, and hearing you talk about them made me really admire them as pokemon, are they difficult to care for? I'm pretty used to pranks right now, having had Gastly for a while, but do they require any kind of special care? Gastly is gaseous, so I've had to be careful to keep him out of the wind or else he disappears on me

I'm just wondering about the general care, and what to expect if I were to raise them?
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

https://pokemonarereal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ask me about raising the Nincada line Empty Re: Ask me about raising the Nincada line

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:You mentioned something about breeding a new Nincada and asked me about Shedinja and Ninjask?

I really am fascinated by them, and hearing you talk about them made me really admire them as pokemon, are they difficult to care for? I'm pretty used to pranks right now, having had Gastly for a while, but do they require any kind of special care? Gastly is gaseous, so I've had to be careful to keep him out of the wind or else he disappears on me

I'm just wondering about the general care, and what to expect if I were to raise them?

Well, you seemed interested so I thought I'd offer; I want to raise another Nincada from birth so I can learn more about them but I'm not sure I have great living arrangements for more than 1 pair of Ninjask & Shedinja.
Thing is, they're awfully close to one another after they molt so if I send one out for adoption you'd really need to take both.

As for the care, the main thing would be getting a tree. Fortunately, I already had one in my back garden when I took Hanzo home; now he uses it regularly as a roost and for food. I've got another growing for the new Nincada to live in once I get him.

Also, you won't have to worry about pranks from Shedinja. Ninjask can be pretty hot-headed but that's the most you'll get.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Trainer Nick wrote:
Well, you seemed interested so I thought I'd offer; I want to raise another Nincada from birth so I can learn more about them but I'm not sure I have great living arrangements for more than 1 pair of Ninjask & Shedinja.
Thing is, they're awfully close to one another after they molt so if I send one out for adoption you'd really need to take both.

As for the care, the main thing would be getting a tree. Fortunately, I already had one in my back garden when I took Hanzo home; now he uses it regularly as a roost and for food. I've got another growing for the new Nincada to live in once I get him.

Also, you won't have to worry about pranks from Shedinja. Ninjask can be pretty hot-headed but that's the most you'll get.

I really am interested, and I would never ask you to split them up, that'd be pretty awful for them to go through, especially since they're both in their second and third evolutionary stages, that's a long time to be together. Planting a tree wouldn't be a problem, I live in a small village, and we have a lot of space to go around, it's pretty well wooded to begin with.

Currently, I'm traveling to find an absol, and I'm at the base of Mt. Coronet. I'm still pretty close by Hearthome, but I don't know a lot about trading pokemon yet, Gastly was my first, and is still my only pokemon. What would they need while traveling? Do they use trees as they encounter them? I don't often keep Monstar in his ball, so I ask, knowing I'll probably prefer to walk with them, and let them sleep where they choose, safety and weather permitting.

I think having other pokemon around would be really good for Monstar, I don't want him to grow up unsocialized, and I'm pretty sure he's going to evolve soon, I think he'll begin to get resentful or malicious towards new pokemon if he isn't around some soon. I know I have the means to take care of a few more, and I really love ghost pokemon, so if you are looking for a new owner, I'm more than happy to help!
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:
I really am interested, and I would never ask you to split them up, that'd be pretty awful for them to go through, especially since they're both in their second and third evolutionary stages, that's a long time to be together. Planting a tree wouldn't be a problem, I live in a small village, and we have a lot of space to go around, it's pretty well wooded to begin with.

Currently, I'm traveling to find an absol, and I'm at the base of Mt. Coronet. I'm still pretty close by Hearthome, but I don't know a lot about trading pokemon yet, Gastly was my first, and is still my only pokemon. What would they need while traveling? Do they use trees as they encounter them? I don't often keep Monstar in his ball, so I ask, knowing I'll probably prefer to walk with them, and let them sleep where they choose, safety and weather permitting.

I think having other pokemon around would be really good for Monstar, I don't want him to grow up unsocialized, and I'm pretty sure he's going to evolve soon, I think he'll begin to get resentful or malicious towards new pokemon if he isn't around some soon. I know I have the means to take care of a few more, and I really love ghost pokemon, so if you are looking for a new owner, I'm more than happy to help!

Hm, you're a bit of a ways away from me over in Sinnoh. Shouldn't be a problem though, it's gonna take me a while to get a new Nincada anyway.

As far as the travelling is concerned, I'm not entirely sure how well that'd go. You shouldn't have a problem with Shedinja, they're pretty impartial to their surroundings and will be happy to follow their trainer wherever.
Ninjask, however, naturally tend to favour staying in one area until they exhaust the food, then move onto another. I would guess a trained Ninjask would grasp the idea of regularly moving from tree to tree on relatively easily but you'd need to guarantee a tree of some description to rest in and feed from whenever they need it; berries can only do so much. Shedinja don't need feeding.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey, how perfect that an expert of these species turns up just as I was needing one! A friend of mine expressed interest in Nincadas, but since she doesn't travel she asked me to try and find her one. I was wondering, where are the best places to find them in the wild? I'm currently in Sinnoh, but it's not a problem at all for me to travel to another region to search.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Marissa wrote:Hey, how perfect that an expert of these species turns up just as I was needing one! A friend of mine expressed interest in Nincadas, but since she doesn't travel she asked me to try and find her one. I was wondering, where are the best places to find them in the wild? I'm currently in Sinnoh, but it's not a problem at all for me to travel to another region to search.

I've never been out of Hoenn but Sinnoh has the Eterna Forest, does it not? I'd be willing to bet you could find some there.
No idea where they'd be in Isshu but if there's a large group of trees there's a good chance of Nincada.
If you're willing to come to Hoenn I can show you whereabouts on Route 116 I found Hanzo; this month's first generation should be surfacing any day now.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Trainer Nick wrote:
Marissa wrote:Hey, how perfect that an expert of these species turns up just as I was needing one! A friend of mine expressed interest in Nincadas, but since she doesn't travel she asked me to try and find her one. I was wondering, where are the best places to find them in the wild? I'm currently in Sinnoh, but it's not a problem at all for me to travel to another region to search.

I've never been out of Hoenn but Sinnoh has the Eterna Forest, does it not? I'd be willing to bet you could find some there.
No idea where they'd be in Isshu but if there's a large group of trees there's a good chance of Nincada.
If you're willing to come to Hoenn I can show you whereabouts on Route 116 I found Hanzo; this month's first generation should be surfacing any day now.

Hmm, I've never seen them in Eterna Forest, but a stroll through there is always welcome. I'll check it out. And if I don't see any, I might just take you up on that offer to meet up in Hoenn- I haven't visited there in ages!
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Marissa wrote:Hmm, I've never seen them in Eterna Forest, but a stroll through there is always welcome. I'll check it out. And if I don't see any, I might just take you up on that offer to meet up in Hoenn- I haven't visited there in ages!

North side of Rustboro City, big Oran tree out the back.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Trainer Nick wrote:
Marissa wrote:Hmm, I've never seen them in Eterna Forest, but a stroll through there is always welcome. I'll check it out. And if I don't see any, I might just take you up on that offer to meet up in Hoenn- I haven't visited there in ages!

North side of Rustboro City, big Oran tree out the back.

Alright, sounds like a plan to me!
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Purple Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I've never even seen a Shedinja! I think I've seen a Ninjask or two before, but aren't they native to Hoenn? I've never really been to Hoenn, but I might go just to see one! I like Ninjasks, though, they're fast, right? Maybe I should look into getting one...
Purple
Purple

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 am

Purple wrote:I've never even seen a Shedinja! I think I've seen a Ninjask or two before, but aren't they native to Hoenn? I've never really been to Hoenn, but I might go just to see one! I like Ninjasks, though, they're fast, right? Maybe I should look into getting one...

They certainly come from Hoenn but I'm pretty sure they exist in at least Sinnoh, if not Isshu.
They're faster than fast; if you do ever drop by Hoenn, Hanzo will be more than happy to demonstrate for you.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:55 pm

If you're still interested in finding a home for Hanzo, and Shedinja, I am hoping to make it to Hoenn in the next coming weeks. I've made a lot of progress here at Mt. Coronet, and when I'm done, I'd like to begin challenging gyms in Hoenn, instead of here in Sinnoh. I'd like to see and experience things new and exciting, I think beginning my gym challenges in Hoenn would offer some of that. Your offer, of course, influenced which new region to travel to first, perhaps Hanzo and Shedinja would be most comfortable with a new team if they were still close to home.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:If you're still interested in finding a home for Hanzo, and Shedinja, I am hoping to make it to Hoenn in the next coming weeks. I've made a lot of progress here at Mt. Coronet, and when I'm done, I'd like to begin challenging gyms in Hoenn, instead of here in Sinnoh. I'd like to see and experience things new and exciting, I think beginning my gym challenges in Hoenn would offer some of that. Your offer, of course, influenced which new region to travel to first, perhaps Hanzo and Shedinja would be most comfortable with a new team if they were still close to home.
Woah, woah, woah. There's been a big misunderstanding here.
Hanzo and my Shedinja are staying with me; it's the new Nincada I'm offering to give away.
I'm going to start regularly capturing a new Nincada every time a generation hatches and raising them up, then giving them away once they evolve.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 am

I've never raised a Nincada, but I'm currently raising a Paras. I've heard rumors that Paras are infected Nincadas, but I haven't found anything online about it. Is this true?
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 am

SuperTrainStationH wrote:I've never raised a Nincada, but I'm currently raising a Paras. I've heard rumors that Paras are infected Nincadas, but I haven't found anything online about it. Is this true?
In theory, it could make sense.
Nincada live amongst the roots of trees which, let's face it, are mushroom party zones.
As far as the possibility goes, I have no idea; frankly I wouldn't like to investigate.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum