Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A

+2
Shana
Archeologist Mack
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A Empty Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A

Post  Archeologist Mack Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 am

Makes finishing touches to the exibit and waits for anyone interested in attending.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A Empty Re: Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A

Post  Shana Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:10 am

Here's someone interested! There's a girl peering curiously at the exhibits, clutching a handful of raffle tickets and followed by a Meganium. The poor thing looks rather disinterested, occasionally pawing at the ground or occasionally leaning forward to nudge his trainer's hair.

"It's okay, Leaf," she tells him reassuringly, "I just want to look around and try out that raffle. Won't it be fun if we get someone else for our team?"

Leaf bleats a little. He's not so sure about that!

((OOC: Chingling is fine!))
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A Empty Re: Goldenrod city Museum & Ruins of Alph + Archaeology Q&A

Post  Archeologist Mack Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Shana wrote:Here's someone interested! There's a girl peering curiously at the exhibits, clutching a handful of raffle tickets and followed by a Meganium. The poor thing looks rather disinterested, occasionally pawing at the ground or occasionally leaning forward to nudge his trainer's hair.

"It's okay, Leaf," she tells him reassuringly, "I just want to look around and try out that raffle. Won't it be fun if we get someone else for our team?"

Leaf bleats a little. He's not so sure about that!

((OOC: Chingling is fine!))

((OOC: Cool.))

A woman with strikeing red hair stands next to a man in an outfit distinctly indicateing he is a ruin Maniac. It is likely this man is Mack. He is peering into a display case with several stone tables. A rather large Haunter floats at his side. It has a goofy grin on it's face. The woman twirls her hair a little and seems mildly bored.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, he looks rather official. Shana glances up from the cases, rather intrigued at the patterns on the tablets.

"Excuse me! Are these the new Unown markings?"
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Veestah Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm

A tired-looking young woman wanders the exhibit, holding an excited Delibird in her arms.
She peers through the cases a bit before coming to the raffle station.

"Great stuff, here... I'd like the 25-ticket lot, please." She remarks, putting the cash down immediately.
Her studio, though livened considerably with the arrival of a newborn Pokemon, is still a shade on the lonely side.

"Let's have a listen to everything while we're here, Star. Pay attention, so you can tell the others when we get back." Violet gave her Pokemon a loving squeeze, carefully folded her tickets into a pocket, and hurried off to a gathering group of onlookers around Mack and his Haunter.
Veestah
Veestah

http://veestah.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Shana wrote:Well, he looks rather official. Shana glances up from the cases, rather intrigued at the patterns on the tablets.

"Excuse me! Are these the new Unown markings?"

He opens his mouth to answer but the woman speaks first.

"Why yes they are. Arn't they just facinateing?"

The man clears his throat and speaks up.

"It is good to see so many of you attend this event. I suppose i should mention im not much of a man for speeches so i'll try to keep this brief. First and foremost welcome! I couldn't be more happy to see such a large turn out as this. You are all free to look at the various artifacts we have here today. Me and my partner Clair here will be happy to try and answer any questions might have. remember to stick around and hang onto those tickets. We are raffleing off pokemon through out the day. Most importantly I hope you all enjoy your-selves and learn something new...That will be all for now."

The duo step away from the display case and move over to a corner of the room.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:10 am

Shana glances down at her raffle tickets and grins, although she's listening attentively to the short speech. It doesn't take long, and soon she's back to studying the contents of the cases.

At least, she is until she spins around and accidentally bumps into a young woman with a big red bird in her arms. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she starts, then pauses, gazing at the Pokemon curiously. "Is that a Delibird?"
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Veestah Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Shana wrote: "Oh, I'm sorry!" she starts, then pauses, gazing at the Pokemon curiously. "Is that a Delibird?"

Giving a start at the sudden bump, Violet accidentally squeezes Star a bit TOO hard, resulting in an angry squawk. Turning to the source of the voice, Violet regains her bearings and replies, "Oh, yes. She likes to travel, so I thought I'd bring her along to the exhibit." She ruffles the bird's long beard-feathers amiably, and somehow only just now notices the Meganium standing nearby, looking bored.

"Oh, what a beautiful Meganium... He's yours, right?" She admired the beautiful petals ringing the neck, and the delicate antennae perched on its brow.
"As much as I love Grass-types, I've never raised one..."
Veestah
Veestah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Another woman would evetually saunter in. Walking at a rather slow place to let the Gloom she had in tow keep up with her. A Cyndaquil in her arms, even though it looked like it was rather happily asleep. Adjusting her glasses as she'd move over towards the display, silently looking them over with a look of awe, the gloom following right at her heels, resting it's hands on the glass. The woman gently tapping one of her petals to move her backwards.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:34 pm

((I know it's breaking canon for Nick to be here but oh well.))

Nick, looking rather deshevelled after a long trip, was peering around the doorway to see if he'd got the right room.
Accepting a drink from a waiter and concluding this was the place, he strolls in with Shedinja floating just above head-height behind him; making his way over to the display.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:43 pm

While the woman was preoccupied with looking at the display in the case, the gloom behind her would seemingly get bored. Pattering off to explore on her own. Not straying too far from her trainer, but coming up behind Nick and his Shedinja quietly. The smell of her nectar making her presence noticeable before any sound did. Staring up at the floating bug with her mouth wide open in awe, a trickle of honey dripping down onto the floor.
((I don't think it's total cannon break. There are probably rails between regions.))
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Shedinja floated down to the Gloom's level, leaving Nick to continue trying to see the exhibit through the crowd.
Eventually, Nick realised he wasn't where he expected and span round looking for him; only to spot him on the floor staring back at a rather impressed-looking Gloom.
Nick bit his lip and tried to look back across the room, aiming to spot anyone who looked like they could be the Gloom's trainer.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:58 pm

It would take a few moments for the woman to notice that there was a smell missing. Sniffing her nose for a moment and then turning around with a worried look. "Penelope?" She'd call out quietly. Looking about and trying to get a quick pin on her partner. The gloom would smile at shedinja. Burbling happily seeing as her curiosity was now sated. Reaching out to try and touch him just as her trainer would catch up with her.
"I'm sorry if she was bothering you... I think she was just excited to see something new." She'd say sheepishly as she'd reach down with a napkin to wipe the gloom's mouth.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:03 pm

"Haha, no worries." Nick replied, "He's always been one for attracting attention."
Shedinja stayed motionless in front of Penelope.
"Not that he ever really does anything..."
Nick offered his hand. "Nick, by the way."
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:06 pm

She'd hold the Cyndaquil in her arms a little tighter as she'd extend her hand smiling. "Sedah. It's a pleasure." She'd say as she'd brush some of her hair back behind her ears.
"Don't see too many of those guys in Johto." She'd say as she'd glance over at the Shedinja. Smirking suddenly.
"So, you've either moved, or you've traveled a long way to see this." She'd say with a grin.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:15 pm

"Yeah, no kidding. All the way from Hoenn; Rustboro."
Nick took her hand before tapping Shedinja lightly, at which point he floated back up to head-height.
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:20 pm

"Hoenn huh? Exciting." She'd say with a grin. "Ever see the ruins of Alph themselves? All of this is pretty neat. I mean apparently they just uncovered all of this." She'd say with nod towards the new exhibit. "I mean those ruins are huge but I had thought they'd found everything that was there already." She'd say with a smile.
"Heh, he's so well behaved."
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Nick Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:30 pm

"No, actually," Nick replied with raised eyebrows, "this is basically the first I've heard of them."
"Heh, yeah, hence the fact he's here with me and not that hot-head Hanzo."
Nick looked back down at Penelope, who appeared to still be a little transfixed on Shedinja.
"How long have you had your Gloom and Cyndaquil then?"
Trainer Nick
Trainer Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:35 pm

"Penelope? I've had her since I was very little... and Quin here... Just about a month now." She'd say quietly. She'd say as she'd glance down.
"Ahh, they're not far from here at all... worth seeing in person. Though this gives you a good idea of what's going on over there." She'd say with a nod.
"Haah. I left my other guys with my friend cause they get so fussy on the train and don't like the city." She'd say with a shrug.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Overhearing them he approches.

"Perhaps I can intrest you both in a full tour of the ruins after? I'll even provide a few pokeballs so you have a chance to try and catch some Unknown there if you like."

He smiles widely and tips his fedora a little.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 am

Veestah wrote:"Oh, what a beautiful Meganium... He's yours, right?" She admired the beautiful petals ringing the neck, and the delicate antennae perched on its brow.
"As much as I love Grass-types, I've never raised one..."

"Yup, he's mine!" Shana grins, reaching back to stroke the pink petals around Leaf's neck. "I've had him for nearly ten years, now - he's my only one."

Thoughtfully, she pauses. "Although if the raffle goes well, I may be getting another. Do you have any others?"
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Veestah Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Shana wrote:

"Yup, he's mine!" Shana grins, reaching back to stroke the pink petals around Leaf's neck. "I've had him for nearly ten years, now - he's my only one."

Thoughtfully, she pauses. "Although if the raffle goes well, I may be getting another. Do you have any others?"

Violet, looking fondly at her companion's pokemon responded, "I do. I've left home my Flareon, Magby, and Haunter. I had others, but it's a bit of a mixed bag as to what's happened to them over the years..."

She shook her head, suddenly putting on a smile instead of worry, which had been growing.

"I've sent my Nidoking off on a few odd jobs for the elderly in my hometown. He's due back in a few days, I expect. I do miss him, but it lets him get more active - I only have a small flat in Goldenrod, so it's impractical to let him out as often as I'd like." She grinned, remembering the last time she had to tell Cyan off for being to rowdy indoors. He'd put on a sad puppy face and trudged outside to sulk. What a big baby.

On tiptoes to have a look over Leaf, Violet gazed at the raffle pokemon, stowed away inside various balls. "I'm excited to see them. If you win one, I'd like to have a look!"

((OOC: Assuming your Bayleef to be a species average, it towers over me, haha. Violet is an even 5 ft.))
Veestah
Veestah

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Veestah wrote:On tiptoes to have a look over Leaf, Violet gazed at the raffle pokemon, stowed away inside various balls. "I'm excited to see them. If you win one, I'd like to have a look!"

((OOC: Assuming your Bayleef to be a species average, it towers over me, haha. Violet is an even 5 ft.))

"Wow, you have a lot..." But then, most people with teams did, didn't they? "And sure, I can show you! I've only just started training properly, so I need to start getting a real team, huh? Do you compete against people a lot?"

((OOC: Almost! Meganium are typically around 5'11", according to Bulba - Leaf is a couple of inches shorter, since he spends time indoors a lot. And Shana's around the same height as Violet - about an inch taller.))
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Veestah Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Shana wrote:

"Wow, you have a lot..." But then, most people with teams did, didn't they? "And sure, I can show you! I've only just started training properly, so I need to start getting a real team, huh? Do you compete against people a lot?"

Violet shook her head slowly.
"No, not anymore. I used to be fairly prolific a few years ago, though. I went to the League, but didn't finish." She ended a tad uncertainly, but fairly certain the story wouldn't cause too much laughter at her expense.

"Nowadays, I'll spar with newer trainers in my area if they really need the practice. Mostly I do studies here and there, for my own amusement more than anything, and I do odd jobs to pay my way."
Her clothes, while relatively neat, seemed to have some spots of paint on them.

"I hope you'll find good team members! Do try and have variety... I learned the hard way, having way too many Pokemon that didn't take to Water very well, haha!"
Veestah
Veestah

Back to top Go down

Post  Shana Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Veestah wrote:"I hope you'll find good team members! Do try and have variety... I learned the hard way, having way too many Pokemon that didn't take to Water very well, haha!"

"I will!" Shana reached back to pat Leaf, who made a content sound. "Well, Water is no problem for us - it's Fire we really have to look out for. Going through the League is pretty cool... I haven't even challenged a gym yet."

She pulled a face. "Well. I tried the one here, actually - let's just say that Leaf wasn't too willing to fight that Miltank."

Why yes, that was a Meganium looking embarrassed.
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next