Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITT: pokemon are real

+16
SuperTrainStationH
Purple
Zalgo Droul Iminez
Darryl
Dragon Tamer
Shana
Marissa
Matt
vaati
daydreamer
Haunt
Sedah
PokeMod
MithosKuu
Amphy
Trainer Reine
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ITT: pokemon are real Empty ITT: pokemon are real

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:30 pm

You know the drill
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

https://pokemonarereal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ITT: pokemon are real Empty Re: ITT: pokemon are real

Post  Amphy Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I've been trying to get my Bachuru to eat healthier lately but he keeps sneaking into the covers. Anyone know how I can keep him out? Products? Techniques? Anything would help.
Amphy
Amphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Amphy wrote:I've been trying to get my Bachuru to eat healthier lately but he keeps sneaking into the covers. Anyone know how I can keep him out? Products? Techniques? Anything would help.

I know for many feline types, they have sprays made of natural extracts that are designed to dissuade the pokemon from lingering in the area. Usually they're used for keeping them from scratching furniture, but perhaps there's a smell he particularly dislikes that you could apply to the places you'd like to keep him away from?
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amphy Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:
I know for many feline types, they have sprays made of natural extracts that are designed to dissuade the pokemon from lingering in the area. Usually they're used for keeping them from scratching furniture, but perhaps there's a smell he particularly dislikes that you could apply to the places you'd like to keep him away from?
You gave me an idea. He doesn't like the smell of anything burning. Do you think I should maybe get something that smells like, say, charred wood? I'm sure I could find it somewhere on the internet...
Amphy
Amphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:06 pm

Amphy wrote:
You gave me an idea. He doesn't like the smell of anything burning. Do you think I should maybe get something that smells like, say, charred wood? I'm sure I could find it somewhere on the internet...

I'm sure you could easily find some charcoal on the internet, or make your own, if you have some wood and a backyard to burn it in. Or possibly purchase some incense for the areas you'd like him to leave alone? Burn it once or twice a day, and see if the smell lingers enough for him to avoid those areas? It might be more pleasant than leaving pieces of charcoal about.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MithosKuu Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Hey all, figured I would introduce my self, my name is Mith, I am raising a Lucario and a Zoroark, currently wandering around Isshu after getting kicked out of Black City due to my Zoroark pissing off my neighbors with his illusions.
MithosKuu
MithosKuu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeMod Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

I remember you! I think I recommended trying to drug your pokemon as a last resort.
PokeMod
PokeMod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MithosKuu Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Yeah, I tried, but I couldn't get my hands on any anesthetics at such short notice
MithosKuu
MithosKuu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Mithos, Zoroark is a dark type, correct?

I'm currently posting from my pokegear, I and my Gastly, Monstar, set out on a quest a few days ago, we're going to head into the mountains to see if I can convince an Absol to join my team, hopefully by earning it's trust, and then earning it's respect in a battle.

Is there anything particular to dark-type pokemons' personality that could make finding and befriending one a little easier? I heard they were notoriously hard to persuade, but the fact they warn villages of coming disasters, leads me to believe they might have at least a bit of a benevolent side, from your experience, can you tell me if there's any truth to that?
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 pm

If you can find an Absol I'd say try and bring it some food. Win it over rather than jump right on it to capture it. It'll know your intentions if anything I know about them are true. So I guess if you as much as found one then you've already won half the battle.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 pm

I've been picking berries as we've been traveling. I packed a few poffins, but couldn't resist feeding a few to gastly, but I plan on making some more right before we reach the mountain, so that I'll have something enticing on hand.

I really hope to have gained some of Absol's trust, before I battle it. It might sound foolish or old fashioned of me, but I'd like the battle to be more about respect, rather than it being about using brute force to make the pokemon submit to you, you know?

I suppose that probably sounds silly to a lot of people, but I'm sure Absol are intelligent, they're not dumb beasts. Gastly's still very young, and already the knowledge I see him demonstrate surprises me every day. I bought a rubix cube off of a student we battled, instead of asking for prize money. Already Gastly's gotten bored of it, I must have remixed the colors for him a hundred times.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MithosKuu Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Zoroark is a dark type, yes however Zoroark and Absol in general have two wildly different demeanors. Zoroarks are pranksters and love to cause mischief with their illusions.
Absol, from what I understand, are the opposite, they try to warn people of impending disasters and are far more timed due to being blamed for the disasters they try to warn others about.
If you do find an Absol, approach it slowly and don't make any sudden moves that might startle it, offer it food or otherwise show that you aren't out to hurt him and you should do fine.
MithosKuu
MithosKuu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeMod Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Does anyone have a completed pokedex, or an official guide? I've only raised my Kirlia and I am sorta clueless on information about other pokemon.
PokeMod
PokeMod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:13 pm

I think there are several groups on the internet trying to help trainers out with this.

It takes a bit of the surprise out of exploring, but I think at the same time, it's useful to be prepared. I have found a group calling themselves "bulbapedia" to be the most helpful, both with pokedex entries, and general information, maps, etc. They're really helpful for new trainers needing information.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PokeMod Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:18 pm

Awesome! They must be hard researchers to have found every last bit of detail about every pokemon. They don't even make money off of the site either do they?
PokeMod
PokeMod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Not that I know of, I think it's out of pocket, or maybe they're researchers who are given grants for these kinds of things, I'm not really sure....but it's helped me out more times in the past few weeks than I can remember.
Being able to access it from my pokegear has been a lifesaver. I wasn't very good at recognizing berries we didn't have in my hometown, so bulbapedia was great for identifying what was safe to let Gastly snack on. I almost fed him something dangerous on accident, I was so glad I double checked.

Their passion for finding out information just completely surpasses what I thought was possible.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

ITT: pokemon are real Empty Moves?

Post  PokeMod Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm

So, my Nodoka, (the Kirlia, don't ask) has the same moves as the a wild pokemon would. She hasn't really changed much since the evolution a few days ago, and I want to ask you guys this: What kind of moves are the best for Kirlia? What moves should I have her learn/replace? And what TMs do you guys have that might be good for her? So far her moves are

Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
PokeMod
PokeMod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:43 pm

I don't know much about psychic pokemon, but it looks like most of the moves you described aren't really offensive. Confusion can cause damage, yes, but I think I would replace one of her moves with a more directly offensive attack, maybe focus on special attacks, I heard kirlia are really good at them. Naturally, she'll probably learn psychic fairly soon, but there are a few psychic-special TMs you could probably check out. I think psychic can also be taught though a TM if you were in a hurry.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I fought my 5th trainer, since heading out on route 208 the other day. Gastly managed to beat all three of his pokemon, it was pretty exciting. One of them did manage to inflict a nasty burn on him, and I'm out of healing supplies. Does anyone know any berries, or anything I could find in the woods that could help treat it until I find my way back to a pokecenter? I'm pretty far, and I don't have any pokemon who could fly me back to Hearthome.
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haunt Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Hey Guys im new round these part's. I'm from Slateport i am currently Training my Banette and Vibrava.
Banette was my first ever pokemon.A present for my 10th birthday!! he was a Shuppet then but the years have gone by and evolutions happen. Smile.I have a nickname for Him and that is Zero,He loves to Scare me at any opportunity for giggles i think's it's cute.His favourite treat is Sky blue poke blocks.

My Vibrava[Aria] however whole other story,He likes to hide from new people very shy out of a battle but this is something we are working on.
Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Haunt wrote:Hey Guys im new round these part's. I'm from Slateport i am currently Training my Banette and Vibrava.
Banette was my first ever pokemon.A present for my 10th birthday!! he was a Shuppet then but the years have gone by and evolutions happen. Smile.I have a nickname for Him and that is Zero,He loves to Scare me at any opportunity for giggles i think's it's cute.His favourite treat is Sky blue poke blocks.

My Vibrava[Aria] however whole other story,He likes to hide from new people very shy out of a battle but this is something we are working on.

Hey, It's always cool to meet another ghost-type trainer! My name is Reine. I'll probably end up asking you a lot of questions..I just recently got my Gastly, Monstar, a number of weeks ago, so there's still a lot I don't know about ghost pokemon. I've fed him a number of poffins, he doesn't seem to have a favorite yet...he gobbles them pretty indiscriminately, along with everything else

I've never actually seen a Vibrava before, but I heard Flygon are pretty amazing. I'm sure you'll be able to build his confidence up! Maybe he just hasn't had much opportunity to meet new people outside of battles?
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haunt Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah haha Zero can be a handful but he's awesome.And we have never tried any poffin's.Zero is looking at me with that gimmee one look lol. And it's awesome a fellow Ghost trainer is here.Yeah we travel to some desolate places in search of unexplored ruins or anything that hasn't been touched by industrialism. I have been making him come and play with some friend's pokemon but he's still reluctant to be alone around the unfamiliar.I am positive this is a passing phase <3

Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Haunt wrote:
Yeah haha Zero can be a handful but he's awesome.And we have never tried any poffin's.Zero is looking at me with that gimmee one look lol. And it's awesome a fellow Ghost trainer is here.Yeah we travel to some desolate places in search of unexplored ruins or anything that hasn't been touched by industrialism. I have been making him come and play with some friend's pokemon but he's still reluctant to be alone around the unfamiliar.I am positive this is a passing phase <3

Exploring ruins sounds amazing. I'm currently on a journey into the mountains to find an absol, I'm somewhere on route 208, past Hearthome. I still don't know what to do about poor Monstar, this is the first time he's had any real lingering injuries from a battle. Do you know anything I could give him that would help until I got back to Hearthome and a pokemon center?

You should definitely make him one eventually. I'm saving a few to offer up, in case we meet an absol, but, it's almost impossible to keep Monstar out of things! I should expect that, from a gaseous pokemon, but, he's managed to devour most of them already. How do you keep Zero from getting into everything?
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haunt Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Trainer Reine wrote:
Haunt wrote:

Exploring ruins sounds amazing. I'm currently on a journey into the mountains to find an absol, I'm somewhere on route 208, past Hearthome. I still don't know what to do about poor Monstar, this is the first time he's had any real lingering injuries from a battle. Do you know anything I could give him that would help until I got back to Hearthome and a pokemon center?

You should definitely make him one eventually. I'm saving a few to offer up, in case we meet an absol, but, it's almost impossible to keep Monstar out of things! I should expect that, from a gaseous pokemon, but, he's managed to devour most of them already. How do you keep Zero from getting into everything?

Yeah i love to see the world.

And i might just go ahead and make some poffins there's alway's time to learn new thing's right? Very Happy
And lingering injuries on a ghost pokemon ..mhmmm i used some Berries i found growing in a ruin once on Zero it seemed to work i can't recall the name but it looked like a star? or was it a circle lol i alway's forget my berry know how, i know it was blue and squishy to the touch had to be very careful not to bruise it.Zero jumped up with vigor after eating a few of them XD. And to prevent him from getting in everything i Treat him to candy once in awhile and i gave him a coloring book to keep him occupied i dont know why but he is fascinated by the color Orange so he mostly colors using that alone Very Happy we go through so many orange pencil's :/ i saw him trying to eat the book once i just laughed it was so funny to watch XD i just handed him some oran berries he loves them.
Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Trainer Reine Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Haunt wrote:
Yeah i love to see the world.

And i might just go ahead and make some poffins there's alway's time to learn new thing's right? Very Happy
And lingering injuries on a ghost pokemon ..mhmmm i used some Berries i found growing in a ruin once on Zero it seemed to work i can't recall the name but it looked like a star? or was it a circle lol i alway's forget my berry know how, i know it was blue and squishy to the touch had to be very careful not to bruise it.Zero jumped up with vigor after eating a few of them XD. And to prevent him from getting in everything i Treat him to candy once in awhile and i gave him a coloring book to keep him occupied i dont know why but he is fascinated by the color Orange so he mostly colors using that alone Very Happy we go through so many orange pencil's :/ i saw him trying to eat the book once i just laughed it was so funny to watch XD i just handed him some oran berries he loves them.

I think you might be talking about Rawst berries? I know that they're blue. Are they for burns? I don't think Oran berries are, and they're the only other blue berry I can think of. I'm going to try and find some rawst berries and see if they do the trick. I should try giving Monstar rewards for leaving food containers alone. He's much too good at opening them, sometimes while they're still inside my backpack.

Monstar loved the rubix cube I gave him, but now that he's figured out the formula behind the solutions, he seems bored with it. I'm thinking about getting him a more difficult puzzle if we pass by a toy store, but, I don't see it happening too soon. Do you think if I gave him some paper he'd enjoy drawing? Even if it's not a coloring book, or colored pencils, do you think it would help occupy his mind? Maybe I could give him some math problems to solve, but I don't know if he understands the human number system....After a while, Monstar also tried to see if the rubix cube was something he could snack on...maybe it's a pokemon thing..Or mabye I just have a gluttonous pokemon
Trainer Reine
Trainer Reine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next