Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around.

+4
Sedah
Darryl
Shana
SuperTrainStationH
8 posters

Go down

Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around. Empty Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around.

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:05 am

So, wild Pokémon in your area? Or Pokémon you grew up around?

As for me, I grew up in Peninsula, which is actually the southernmost part of Unova, but most people who only know of Unova from playing Pokémon training sim games don't even realize Peninsula since its usually cut from the map for simplicity's sake since its not especially notable.

Around my house you saw the typical bird Pokémon you get just about anywhere, especially in the city, but in the nighborhood my mom used to walk me through was a field of abandoned bungalows by the beach that you'd see lots of Buneary and Nidoran running around in, but those are all probably gone now since I hear they started putting up condos.

From the rear window of the house we had then I could see the electric trains that ran into what most would consider "Unova proper". My cousin who happened to live with us was a motorman who worked on the trains and I remember sometimes playing with his Ampharos who would help him power the trains.

Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around. Enteringgaston_medium

It was about a forty minute train ride into the Unova interior, and before the subway tunnel went underground, it would cross two bridges over the bay and through this little island fishing village, and I remember seeing lots of Woopers and Quagsire milling around in the marsh, and sometimes the Wingull play in the trains slipstream while it crossed the bridges.

Sometimes I'd watch the Wingull out the window and pretend I was old enough to be a trainer and throw a Ball out the open window catch one from mid air. You could see people on the beach and from the bridge itself fishing as well. Net Balls and Lure Balls were so common in that neighborhood that when I'd see cartoons and TV shows Pokémon where trainers used red and white base model Pokéballs I'd think they were made up just for TV.

The bay is also a wildlife preserve, and having done my research I now hear you could actually find Squirtle and Wartortle around there, though I had never seen any myself. The train went underground once we reached Isshu proper, so I couldn't see many of what would normally considered "Unova native" Pokémon from the train.

Also, the beaches in my neighborhood were practically infested with Tentacool. I'd see them washing up on the sand all the time. Some people from city are paid to go out with a net to put them back in the water, but often times they didn't make it, I always felt bad for them and tell my mom how when I became a trainer I'd go up and down the beach all day and catch the beached Tentacool and put them back in the ocean. We moved long before I was old enough though.

Oh, and at the beach there were often lots of Dewgongs and Sealeos and the like resting on the jetty. I always would want to climb out on the jetty to play with them but my mom never would let me.

We moved out to the far east end of Paumanok when I was six, but I still have family in Peninsula so I still go out there sometimes, but I haven't explored it properly ever since I became a trainer. I'd actually like to go training around Unova and do the gym badge challenge, but I'd first like to obtain all the badges in the Johto/Kanto joint league and then move on to Sinnoh, so it will probably be a while until I get there. Either way, something to look forward too.

Okay, I started ranting there, but anyway, what wild Pokémon are in your neighborhood or did you otherwise grow up around?

Last edited by SuperTrainStationH on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around. Empty Re: Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around.

Post  Shana Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 am

Man, Unova sounds like fun. I'd love to go there some day - I've never left Johto, aside from a trip to Kanto when I was a kid, and I'm about to go to Hoenn.

Now, let's see. I grew up in the middle of Goldenrod City, so there's not actually a lot of wildlife around (aside from your standard Rattata). Lots of domestic Pokemon - we had a few cats (like our big old Persian and two of her kittens - the others got given away). The harbour had your standard Tentacool, bunch of Spearow and Pidgey.

The routes north and south were a bit more interesting - plenty to be found around there, especially Nidoran and Drowzee. Some Hoothoots at night, and you'd get stuff like Magikarp and Psyduck and Poliwag in the pond. When I was a kid, we used to go out there to feed the Psyducks, it was kind of fun.

To the south, there's a lot more Drowsee and Abra - and I've seen Ditto down that way, too. It connects to the coast, too, so there aren't any Psyducks or Poliwag down there - instead, it's stuff like Tentacool and Krabby and Staryu.

Of course, north and south are the National Park and Ilex Forest, and they have a lot more stuff. I generally avoid them - not a big fan of bugs - but the park is really peaceful otherwise.

Last edited by Shana on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shana
Shana

Back to top Go down

Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around. Empty Re: Wild Pokémon In Your Area/ Pokémon You Grew Up Around.

Post  Darryl Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

I grew up in Kanto - specifically Fuschia City. With Koga as the local gym leader, everyone always had poison types and fighting types. I swear the only pokemon in Kanto are poison type. I really dislike poison pokemon
Darryl
Darryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedah Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 pm

My dad was a big time trainer back when I was young so when ever he came by there were a lot of Pokemon in the house. Some of them very rare at that. He even took me around from time to time just to go out and see Pokemon. We spent a lot of time visiting the miltank farm not too far away from where I grew up in Olivine. So I guess I grew up around a lot of pokemon. It didn't hurt either that I had Penelope since I was a little girl. I got to see a lot of the standard normal types. Pidgy, Meowth, Rattata. But I also saw a lot of the Pokemon that were in the sea. My dad actually got me Penelope so that I could go down to the beach by myself and my mom wouldn't have to worry about a wild Pokemon attack. There used to be a lot of Electrical Pokemon about too, but that's over considering the Gym's gone over to Steel types now a days.
Sedah
Sedah

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I never considered that Olivine Gym used to be Electric centric, but all things considered it makes plenty of sense. I can't wait to get to the gym there, I heard the leader has a Steelix and I've never seen a pure steel type before, though I did raise a Magnemite for a while when I was still in Hoenn.
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 am

Goldenrod, being the decently sized city that it is, didn't have many Pokemon wandering around. There are a lot of wild Dittos, Drowzees, and Rattatas just outside the city, but the first two rarely came inside onto the pavement. Sometimes you'd see a wild Rattata skittering about looking for food, but that was about it. You'd have to go out into the grass to see any Drowzees or Dittos. There was also a small strip of water where I could see some Tentacools.

As far as Pokemon living in the city, there were a ton of Bug-types. The National Park is right nearby, so a lot of people that move to Goldenrod as avid participants in the Bug-Catching competition. But, our Gym Leaders trained Normal-types, so you saw a lot of people- usually girls- who had those, too. If you didn't like Bug-types very much in Goldenrod, you probably liked Normal-types.

On top of all of that, we had a lot of people interested in the breeding profession hanging around. That's how I got interested in it, in fact. Lots of breeders lived in Goldenrod because of its comfortable, safe environment, what with the low risk of wild Pokemon getting up the gall to enter the city limits, meaning it was a perfect place for young Pokemon. Plus, the underground was full of shops that sold supplies catering to breeders. Nowadays, they're a bit more balanced out by people who compete in the Pokeathalon, but back when I was a kid, that wasn't open and there were only breeding Pokemon around.

So yeah, lots of Normal- and Bug-types, mostly. I suppose that's why my own team as vastly comprised of Normal-types when I started up, sans my Charmander. Rattata, Sentret, Snubbull, Spearow... I guess you could say it was a 'simpler' time, haha!
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 am

First post here for me so hello I suppose. I'm from violet city in the Johto region but I grew up in the big bustling cities of Unova. I suppose that I've seen a lot of Pokemon since I was a kid. I think my first was a little Zorua not much bigger then I was. While I was going to junior high it actually started posing as a young girl around my age and would hang out with me. Unusual but stranger things have happened I suppose. My starter was curiously a Hitomoshi. Since I rarely battle it still hasn't evolved.

Anyway... Violet city. Not much really special around here except maybe the occasional sudowoodo that shows up in the woods to the west or the unknown in the ruins of Alph. Sprout tower has a few gastly though and sometimes I think I see a golduck in the pond near Sprout tower. I honestly thing the gastly from the pokemon tower in Lavender town are better though. All in all it's mostly quite peaceful and quiet around here with the occasional trainer who comes to pick a fight with the gym leader or get the HM from sprout tower.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Catherine Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Living in Lilycove, I've seen a lot of interesting Pokemon! You can always find a Wingull or two flying above the beaches, and there are a lot of Wailmer in the sea. The main attraction, of course, is the contest hall; people from all over the world show up with well-groomed Pokemon of all sorts, so you'll always see someone walking down the street with an exotic creature. As for wildlife, there are a lot of Pokemon living to the west, but it's a little scary for me -- too many Mightyenas, and Mt. Pyre nearby means lots of Ghosts. I don't think my Skitty could handle it. I've heard that the Safari Zone is a lot of fun, though. Maybe I should check it out sometime....
Catherine
Catherine

Back to top Go down

Post  Z-Byte Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 am

At my college, I don't see many wild Pokemon, though the place is less structured than most. It's a private college, and the campus is a lush place, but for the most part I only see the occasional Pachirisu in the trees around here, some bird Pokemon every now and then, and the occasional Meowth that stalks them. It's too cold for bug-types right now.

Though every night the Zubat nesting in the oldest buildings fly out to snack.
Z-Byte
Z-Byte

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/z-byte/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down