Pokemon are real
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduced Pokemon Species

+2
Rory
Marissa
6 posters

Go down

Introduced Pokemon Species Empty Introduced Pokemon Species

Post  Marissa Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

I wanted to ask you guys what you thought about introduced Pokemon species... if you don't know what the means, it's basically when a Pokemon is released into a region that it's not native to.

I recently found this little guy outside my house in Solaceon. Now, I've been to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, but I've never seen a Pokemon like this before.

Introduced Pokemon Species P1010210

One of my friends fathomed a guess that he might be from Isshu. I've never been there, personally, but it would explain why I haven't seen a sort like him before. And our best guess for as to how he ended up in Sinnoh was that someone must have traveled here and released him while they were still visiting...

I know this is how species usually traverse regions, but I can't help but feel like this is a little irresponsible. This little guy isn't violent enough to be an invasive species, sure, but he was scared out of his wits when I picked him up. What do you guys think of issues like this?
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Introduced Pokemon Species Empty Re: Introduced Pokemon Species

Post  Rory Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

It's a good thing you picked him up. I'm no biology expert, but Bachuru and Denchura would probably be able to outdo the Spinarak line ecologically. They have a little more spark to them. Hopefully that was the only one... are there any Pokemon Rangers aroung where you live?

so you know what you're dealing with:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bachuru_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Rory
Rory

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Rory wrote:It's a good thing you picked him up. I'm no biology expert, but Bachuru and Denchura would probably be able to outdo the Spinarak line ecologically. They have a little more spark to them. Hopefully that was the only one... are there any Pokemon Rangers aroung where you live?

A Bachuru, huh? So, they really are from Isshu. I really do hope he's the only one that got left here. And no, there's no Rangers near me... why? I never really understood what they did since I've never come across one.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Marissa wrote:
Rory wrote:It's a good thing you picked him up. I'm no biology expert, but Bachuru and Denchura would probably be able to outdo the Spinarak line ecologically. They have a little more spark to them. Hopefully that was the only one... are there any Pokemon Rangers aroung where you live?

A Bachuru, huh? So, they really are from Isshu. I really do hope he's the only one that got left here. And no, there's no Rangers near me... why? I never really understood what they did since I've never come across one.

Rangers would probably be able to nab them before they breed and overtake natural populations, assuming there isn't a firmly rooted small population already.
Rory
Rory

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:43 am

Rory wrote: Rangers would probably be able to nab them before they breed and overtake natural populations, assuming there isn't a firmly rooted small population already.

Oh, I see! Well, there's no Rangers around here, but luckily enough it seems like this little guy was the only one around. I think he was just the victim of a careless Trainer.

Introduced Pokemon Species P1011111
I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want him anymore. He's a cute little guy.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  Haunt Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

wow iv'e never seen that species before he looks adorable i want one on my team :O
Haunt
Haunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Haunt wrote:wow iv'e never seen that species before he looks adorable i want one on my team :O

Haha, he is pretty adorable. I'm not sure if they're all like this, but this one is very sweet and sociable, too. I don't know if I'd want to put him on my team, though... He's so tiny, I'd be worried about fighting with him.
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 am

I grew up on the outskirts of Isshu, and we'd get those all the time.

Actually once when I was maybe three or four I decided to hide from mom when bedtime came, so I hid in the dirty clothes hamper and mom couldn't find me anywhere, then I realized there was one of those in the hamper with me and I and freaked out and screamed, mom found me pretty quick after that. Razz
SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marissa Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm

SuperTrainStationH wrote:I grew up on the outskirts of Unova, and we'd get those all the time.

Actually once when I was maybe three or four I decided to hide from mom when bedtime came, so I hid in the dirty clothes hamper and mom couldn't find me anywhere, then I realized there was one of those in the hamper with me and I and freaked out and screamed, mom found me pretty quick after that. Razz

Haha! Getting back on topic, have you ever had a problem with foreign Pokemon species running around in Unova?
Marissa
Marissa

Back to top Go down

Post  PKMN Trainer Zero Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am

I grew up in Ohio and I've seen Pokemon that are native to a few different regions such as Shinx, Teddiusa, Pinsir, Ursaring, and Charmander. That Charmander I saw saved my life when I was a kid. A Pinsir was about to rip me apart when that Charmander came out of nowhere and fought it off. I really wanted to thank it, but it looked back at me, then scurried off. One day I hope to meet it again. I'd certainly recognize it. It had a particularly interesting feature. It had a red tint to its eyes, rather than the normal blue or green.

I also saw a Beldum right outside of Pallet Town. I wasn't able to catch it. I turned my back for one second and it disappeared. Maybe the next time I go to Pallet Town, I'll be able to make it the newest addition to my team!
PKMN Trainer Zero
PKMN Trainer Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperTrainStationH Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Actually last summer Marissa, a wild Mightyena was running amuck in Hiun and ended up jumping in the open-front drink fridge in this deli and took a nap in all the Lemonades and Soda Pops and was still laying there when the Rangers showed up to relocate it.

The Mightyena must have been from up north in the mainland, the Pokémon populations in Unova proper tend to be fairly isolated and unique from those even in the directly neighboring regions.

SuperTrainStationH
SuperTrainStationH

http://www.supertrainstationh.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeologist Mack Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:42 pm

I've heard rumors of some Meguroco makeing a small colony on the border of Johto and Kanto. I haven't checked yet liveing in Violet city but I think I might. Those things can be pretty dangerous for someone who doesn't notice them. I hear atleast a few people have died every year from Meguroco attacks. Once again I don't know the validity of that though.

Update: Finaly got around to it. No sign of any. If people where getting paranoid about crossing the border I hope this puts your mind at ease.
Archeologist Mack
Archeologist Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down